Wednesday, March 19, 2008

And So We Begin...

I suddenly find myself with plenty of time on my hands and have thought about doing this for the past couple of weeks. Going from 100mph to zero in the beer world has left a void that I'll try to fill here.

Looks like I waited too long and now there are at least two new beer blogs in Boise besides this one in the last couple of days! Honest, I'm not just jumping on the dog pile, this has been on my mind for quite some time.

While the job search continues I'll use this space to jot down thoughts about the state of Beer in Boise, live music I've liked, foods I've enjoyed and whatever else in the Universe that strikes my fancy. Isn't that what blogs are for? I might even get dark and post the nasty state of my emotions too. Nah! I'm too old to be emo...

Recent Beers:
Enjoyed several different scottish ales over at a buddy's annual St. Patty's Day feed last Sunday. On hand were Old Chub, McEwans, Traquair, the scotch ale we brewed last year and of course, the ubiquitous Guinness. I brewed up another batch of scotch while the corned beef was cooking. The wort was awfully yummy, I'm looking forward to this one!

There were several other beers there too. Too many to list here. We did break into the mead stash though: a couple of pear melomels from '04 and '05. They are aging very well. Almost cracked the last bottle of Ginger Methaglyn but decided not too. It would have been great with the corned beef.

'Kay, that's enough for now. More later...

No comments: